You don’t need a lot to get started, but here is my list of must have homeschooling supplies that will make the journey easier.
- Glue sticks – This is the first on the list because you will run out of these all the time. Buy these in bulk at the back to school sales. (Elmer-purple, the only acceptable glue stick)
- Printer – One with a copier would be best. I make copies every single day. This printer is similar to the one I’ve been using for the last few years.
- Printer paper – Lots!
- Pencils – All colors and designs. Kids can be picky!
- Electric Pencil Sharpener – You will be sharpening lots of pencils, find a good one.
- Scissors – Fiskars are the only way to go.
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils – variation is key
- Large Binder with dividers – To store all of your children’s work
- 3 hole punch
- Tape and dispenser – You can never have too much tape
- Construction paper
- Dry Erase Board/Markers
There are plenty of other items you could buy, but if you are just starting out and need a list of things you will use every day, this is a good place to start. If you have any suggestions to add to this list, leave a comment below.